Working Holiday Visa

If you’re between 18 and 30 years old, hold a passport for a country participating in Working Holiday Maker program, you may be eligible for a 12-month visa which enables you to work while staying in Australia. Check out the list of requirements down below.

What is Working Holiday Visa?

The Australian Government created the Working Holiday Visa (WHV) to allow young travelers and backpackers from eligible countries to help fund an extended travel period in Australia. You can spend your whole time living in one location or travel cross-country, meet new people, learn about Australia’s culture, obtain new skills and explore the vastly diverse landscapes Australia has to offer. If you undertake regional work you may be able to extend your working holiday visa. By extending your working holiday visa, you can stay up to 3 years, but with each year there are a few additional requirements that you’ll need to meet. Check out the requirements down blow and if you have any questions then don’t hesitate to contact us.

Working Holiday Visa Benefits

The WHV allows you to work and study in Australia

Work for up to 6 months full-time for any one employer

Study for up to 4 months on the WHV.

Live in one location or travel cross-country

Must have a valid passport

The Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 or subclass 462) is for citizens of certain eligible countries. Depending on the country you are from, you will need to apply for the specific subclass.

Subclass 417 is for passport holders of:
Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, , Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders), Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport), The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Subclass 462 if for passport holders of:
Argentina, Austria, Chile, China, People’s Republic of Czech Republic, Ecuador, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, United States of America, Vietnam

Frequently asked question

(or 36 for citizens of France, Ireland, or Canada) In order to be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 and 462), at the time of application, you must be: Over 18 years of age; and Under 31 years of age* If you are a citizen of Ireland, France or Canada, you must be under 36 years of age If you do not meet the age requirement of the WHV, you may still be able to live, work and study in Australia on a Student Visa, which has no age limits.

ASK a question

Feel free to get in touch
we're always here to find solutions for you

Aliquet adipiscing vivamus ultrices ipsum, commodo vitae, elit nec ipsam luctus. Eget non vitae scelerisque eget sapiente libero, lorem nam quis vitae quis morbi, id consequat mauris massa. Nibh sed accumsan pede gravida nec. 

Book your
Appointment today

Hassle free Appointment