No Comments

South Australia Migration

South Australia Migration 

We believe South Australia offers the highest opportunity and this video highlights the process of state nomination.

Why do you need state nomination?

If you are looking to apply for the:

You need to receive nomination from a state or territory. If you don’t receive a nomination, you can’t be invited to apply for these visas.

Who can be invited for State Nomination?

If there is a shortage of individuals skilled to work in that particular profession, South Australia may choose to nominate a visa holder to fill these rolesApart from meeting these requirements, for the 190/491 visa, you must also meet the South Australia Migration Requirements. South Australia has its own list of occupations that they are open to inviting. (And South Australia has a very long list of occupations). South Australia also has its own requirements to receive state nomination. For example, if you are onshore, one of the requirements might be that you are living and working in that state in your nominated occupation for a specific period of time. If you are offshore, South Australia Migration may want you to have a certain number of years of work experience + a certain amount of funds to support yourself in Aus.

For example – Carpentry

If you look on the website at SA Migration, to be eligible for the 190 invitation, you need to have lived and worked in the state in your occupation for at least 12 months. For the 491 invitation, you must have lived and worked in the state for at least 6 months. You must be working at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight in your nominated or closely related occupation in South Australia for the duration required for your nominated occupation, unless specified differently for your occupation. If you are working part time (less than 35 hours per week) you may be offered a 491 nomination only. For offshore applicants, You must have at least 5 years of work experience in your nominated or closely related occupation in the last 8 years. Applicants with Superior English, at least 90 points and at least 8 years of work experience will be prioritised. If your occupation is on the state list and you meet the requirements, it doesn’t guarantee you will receive an invitation.  This is a competitive process and there is no set waiting list to apply for nomination, but rather a pool of candidates which is constantly changing.

What is the process of applying for South Australia State Nomination?

As per any 190/491 application (and we have links to these visas in more depth), you would first need to pass a skill assessment and lodge an expression of interest (EOI). On the EOI, you would list South Australia as a state that you are willing to migrate to. You would then register your interest through the state nomination portal. All things going well, you would then receive an email notification from South Australia Migration inviting you to submit an application for State Nomination. During this time, you will need to provide numerous documentation including evidence of your previous work experience, education, English, an ongoing offer of employment etc…. (The list of required documentation could vary depending on numerous factors) South Australia would then choose to invite you for the visa and you would receive an application in your Skill Select to apply for the 491 or 190 visa. — As always any questions about undertaking study or migrating to Australia please never hesitate to contact the team at Pathway to Aus on the phone, website Facebook, or Instagram Thanks

No Comments

Study Horticulture and Potential Migration Pathways

Becoming an Agricultural Technician or Senior Horticulturalist can be a migration pathway to Australia 

Recently immigration has made a huge push to try and encourage skilled agricultural workers to assist the farming industry in Australia. The industry is really lobbying the government to get these workers. If you are looking to migrate to Australia, it is really important to be skilled in high-demand occupations such as an agricultural technician or a horticulturist.

This comes in many different forms such as the proposed introduction of a new agricultural visa, but also extends to making pathways for applicants with this skill set in the current visa options.

One example of this is the recently introduced Horticulture Labour Agreement, which allows farmers and companies to sponsor applicants in a lot of different farming and horticulture industry.

Which state has Agricultural Technician on their State Occupation List?

However, certain states, such as South Australia have gone a step further and included the occupations of Agricultural Technician on their State Occupation List. This means applicants that meet these requirements may be eligible to submit their interest for the Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 491).

In order to meet the requirements for this visa, you must meet the Skill Assessment Requirements and meet the State Migration Requirements.

For example, the occupation of Agricultural Technician is currently listed on the South Australia List.

If you look at the website, you can see the requirements for the nomination. But essentially, South Australia offers pathways through the Currently Working In and SA Graduate Streams. This requires you to hold a relevant qualification and have either 3 months or 6 months worth experience in the industry in Aus.

When we look at the skill assessment requirements for the occupation with VETASSESS, we can see it is:

  • This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the education level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma or higher and in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to the above, it is essential for applicants to meet the following employment criteria:

  • at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level,
  • undertaken in the last five years,
  • working 20 hours or more per week, and
  • highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

How does this work? 

As mentioned above, you need to work for at least 1-year post qualification. This is why it could be important to have a relevant study option after the Diploma of Horticulture.

For example, you study the Diploma of Horticulture in your first year, have a short break, and then study a Diploma of Leadership and Management or another course afterward.

When you finish the Diploma of Horticulture course you would look work in the industry for at least 1 year in a highly related occupation – agricultural technician. You can work for 20 hours per week on a student visa.

Once you have worked for a year, you will then look to lodge a skill assessment. Once you have obtained the skill assessment, you will then look to lodge an expression of interest and ensure you meet the state requirements. You will then wait to be invited by the state to apply for the Skilled Regional Visa.

I hope you find the above information helpful. Please note, we would always recommend you check with a registered migration agent who can review your specific situation.

If you have any questions. or want to explore your options never hesitate to contact the team at Pathway to Aus on the phone, website Facebook, or Instagram Thanks